Wednesday, August 8, 2018

My dad said I should chose the instrument I like the sound of best when he cornered me after starting piano lessons.  Well, later, I found I already liked the violin, but it's not because of how it sounds, itself alone.  How was I to know or even know now, with all this pressure.  I noticed, by and large, the piano wasn't a standard classical musical instrument.  I felt like I didn't even know real music.

The band teacher tried to recruit me, but I would have joined school group music only if there was an orchestra, per chance.  I was upset there wasn't.  I was already in piano and busy, and I wasn't actually ready to join a professional youth orchestra.  See, in school, you can start as a beginner in band or orchestra and probably still perform.

No comments:

Post a Comment