Monday, August 6, 2018

When I was 9, I tried to play piano by ear.  I just wanted to impress people.  My parents got me out of art and into piano lessons.  My dad then even asked me if I wanted to play another instrument, but I had no clue.

When I was 1 or 2, my mom asked me what I wanted to do.  I just wanted to exercise in gymnastics class but not compete later, just so I would look attractive and people wouldn't be able to make me feel bad about myself.  I grew up too physical like a tomboy sorta, then.  I had the pig nose, pig face.  I stopped gymnastics one time when we moved, and I started to flesh out and look more European than Asian.  It also seems to be because we lived in the oldest continuing city in the US, which was very old-fashioned, and I loved old-fashioned things and wanted to live then, like Little House on the Prairie and American Girls, with the simpler, more artistic times.

No comments:

Post a Comment